Leaving Puerto Morelos for United States is a bit of mixed feelings.
So much discovery and joy here! From my beautiful yoga and meditation friends, dining friends, lunch friends, quiet friends, funny and confusing friends to the thousands of birds I listened to and tried to communicate with each day. I will miss each group yet this is exactly what is drawing me back. I look forward to the next chapter of experiential learning in Mexico.
SUKHA yoga with Fabi and Luna has been the highlight. On Mother's Day they presented a ritual in honoring 7 generations of 'mothers': our mother's mothers and our father's mothers. As Luna explained, we, individually are the portals to all the Mothers in our lives and are able to contact. Our soul knows who they are even though we don't know their names (Ancestry project?)... their fertility, depth, struggles, strengths, joy, nurturing, protection which is undeniable yet varied in scope. Where as Fathers are hidden, unknown, distant yet present. Primarily, one may never know who the Father really is, yet is it certain we know our Mother!
The ceremony was about 2.5 hours, all women, surrounded in red (representing love, blood, power). We were given a chart, beans/beads/seeds to layout the number of women we possess in this 7 generation DNA ritual. With each bead we chanted a short prayer and placed it on the chart giving each spirit value and honor. This took quite a while. Then onto a deep 'uterine' breathing exercise which became a bit scary! 16 women all deep breathing, rapidly, in the nose, out the mouth, with increasing audible attention. Mind you, I was in this group of women I basically did not know, doing a ritual I'd never done before with instructions in Spanish, of which I would only grasp meanings... a bit mind blowing! At times I thought some were going into full blown orgasim or final dilation of childbirth! But, I felt I got the impact and had my lesson with Luna the following day to review and ask questions.
This ritual is to be repeated for 1 year at the beginning of the new moon. This I will do. The purpose is to connect with our ancestral Mothers, ask for their wisdom and give them any pain, struggle, confusion, as they have experienced the same and their collective knowledge will nurture, sooth and allow healing.
















I sense from your pictures and get the feeling that you are rested and peaceful and happy from your past few months there.
ReplyDeleteMexico will miss you until you return.
Safe travels my dear.
XOXOXOXOXOXOXO
Carl
LOVE. xo
ReplyDelete